16050 Allisonville Road
Noblesville, IN 46060-3022
An extraction is the removal of a tooth.
There might be several reasons to extract a tooth:
- A broken or decayed tooth that is not fixable.
- A loose tooth that can’t be saved.
- Having too many teeth that are keeping other teeth from coming in.
- Sometime to be fitted for braces teeth need to be extracted.
- Baby teeth that don’t come out in time to allow for the permanent teeth to come in.
- To prevent infection after an organ transplant.
- Certain drugs for cancer might infect the teeth weakening them and they need to be extracted.
- Not having room for wisdom teeth, then the wisdom teeth need to be extracted.
Two Types of Extraction:
A simple extraction, the dentist uses an instrument called an elevator to loosen the tooth and then a forceps to remove the tooth. This process is used when the tooth can be seen.
A surgical extraction is used for a tooth broken at the gum or is not visible in the mouth. A small incision is made, at times some of the bone is removed around the tooth or the tooth might be cut in half to complete the extraction.
Call us if:
- It becomes very painful.
- Continues to bleed after the first 24 hours
- Swelling does not get better but gets worse.
- Chills, redness or fever.
- Trouble swallowing
For information for follow up
Noblesville Dental provides Noblesville IN customers top quality extraction, denture, dental care products and services. Our staff specializes in IV Sedation, Partials, and Zoom whitening. Noblesville Dental has developed into Noblesville IN’s extraction denture dental care Business leader. Our outstanding customer support team looks forward to serving you. For additional information call us at: (317)773-7218