What is a Dental Emergency?
What would be a dental emergency:
IF YOU BROKE A TOOTH:
- Save any pieces.
- Rinse your mouth with warm salt water.
- Add a cold compress for swelling.
- Call us and we will do our best to get you in for an emergency appointment.
IF YOU KNOCK OUT A TOOTH:
- Retrieve the tooth. Do not hold it at the root, hold it by the crown (the part of the tooth that sits above the gums).
- Gently Rinse the tooth with water.
- Try to place the tooth back in its socket. This helps preserve the tooth until you can get to our office.
- If the tooth cannot be reinsert, put it in a small sealed container with milk.
- Teeth have the highest chances of being saved if they can be returned to the socket within one hour of being knocked out.
SUDDEN, SEVERE PAIN AND/OR SWELLING:
- Rinse your mouth out with warm salt water.
- Try t0 floss gently to remove any irritating lodged food particles.
- Place a cold compress to for swelling and pain.
- A sudden toothache and/or swelling may be caused by an abscess, it can have serious consequences if not treated immediately.
A BLEEDING SOFT-TISSUE INJURY (TONGUE, CHEEKS, GUMS, OR LIPS):
- Rinse mouth gently with warm salt water.
- Use a moistened gauze or a tea bag to apply pressure to bleeding area. Hold in place for 15-20 minutes.
- Hold a cold compress to the affected area to control bleeding and relieve pain.
- If the bleeding doesn’t stop, call us right away or go to the emergency room.
If you have an emergency kit, make sure to include floss, toothbrushes, and toothpaste. If you don’t have an emergency kit, suggestions are found here: http://www.ready.gov/build-a-kit
SIMPLE PRECAUTIONS TO AVOID DENTAL EMERGENCY
- Wear a mouthguard when participating in sports.
- Avoid chewing popcorn kernels, ice, hard candies, and other foods that could cause damage.
- Brush and floss regularly for healthy teeth.
Our Noblesville, Indiana dental practice is ready to help you deal successfully with any dental disaster that comes your way! Even though accidents happen without warning, you can do your part to avoid serious calamity by keeping your teeth strong and healthy with regular dental checkups.
Do you have your next cleaning scheduled yet? If not, call us today to book your next appointment!
Noblesville Dental delivers Noblesville IN consumers the highest quality emergency dental service products and services. Our staff specializes in Extraction, Implants, Oral Sedation. Noblesville Dental has developed into Noblesville IN’s emergency dental service Industry leader. Our outstanding customer support personnel looks forward to serving you. For extra information call us at: 317-773-7218